Made possible by support from The Philip & Janice Levin Foundation
Hudson River Park hosts a substantial roster of low-cost and free environmental education programs to organized groups, using the Hudson River waterfront as its classroom. Field trip programs allow students to interact with the River and Park through enriching and fun activities that inspire the scientist within each student!
What Teachers Say About Our Programs:
- “We had a wonderful time at Hudson River Park! The program was engaging and the students learned things they wouldn't have learned in a typical classroom setting. It was a very hands-on experience that enhances our science curriculum.” – Pam Welkis, 3rd Grade teacher from PS 116 Queens
- “Thank you so much for providing an amazing educational experience for our students! We've attended two workshops over this past year and enjoyed both equally as much. Your staff goes above and beyond in making sure our students not only learn about science, but, enjoy it also! We look forward to returning again!” –Russ Bernstein, Science Teacher from PS 9, Bronx
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A FIELD TRIP:
- Reserve your spot using our online application
- Spring Field Trips: Application opens February 2017 - Programs fill up fast so make sure to book early to reserve a time for your class.
FIELD TRIP INFORMATION:
- Capacity: 30 students per field trip
- Chaperones: One chaperone is required for every ten students (1:10 ratio). The number of chaperones should be increased for Pre-K or special needs classes.
- Location: All field trip programs take place outside in Hudson River Park at the following locations: Pier 25, Pier 46, Chelsea or Pier 84.
- Cost: $200 per field trip
- Payment: Payment is required within ten days of program confirmation in order to reserve the program. Please provide check or money order made out to “Hudson River Park Trust.” Credit card payments not accepted
- Fee Waiver: Partial or full fee waivers may be available, please call the Environment & Education Department at 212-627-2020 for details
Please make sure you are on our mailing list to receive regular updates about the Park’s education and enrichment programming. Sign Up Here
Food Web Fun
Oysters & Water Quality
Hudson River Park’s Education Team is committed to offering high-quality, low-cost environmental education programming to as many students as possible throughout New York City. In the event that you need to cancel your scheduled program, kindly provide us with as much notice as possible so that we may have the opportunity to offer your scheduled time to one of the many groups on our waiting list. A tremendous amount of resources and effort go into program preparation and set up to bring students a dynamic learning experience in the park. It is with this in mind that we require a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice of your need to cancel.
- Canceling a program less than 24 hours in advance will result in forfeited program fees
- Canceling a program less than 24 hours in advance will forfeit fee waiver status
- Repeated cancelations will result in the cancelation of all future programs from our calendar
Thank you for your cooperation!