Neighborhood Improvement District
Since 1999, Friends of Hudson River Park has built a broad constituency for the Park and has led the successful effort to obtain hundreds of millions in public funding needed to complete and enrich Hudson River Park. Paramount among our concerns is that the Park is never allowed to fall into disrepair and has adequate funding to be maintained as a pristine public amenity, well-connected to surrounding neighborhoods.
To help fulfill our mission to protect the Park, Friends has spearheaded the effort to create the Hudson River Park Neighborhood Improvement District in order to secure a steady source of financing for the long-term maintenance of the Park and to enhance its connections to the nearby community.
The Hudson River Park Neighborhood Improvement District will help finance, improve, and maintain critical amenities and benefits, including:
- Capital maintenance and operations support for the Park
- Improved access to the Park, including the possible additions of pedestrian bridges, crossing guards, and safer crosswalks
- Clean and well-landscaped highway medians and adjacent areas
- Resources for other neighborhood publics spaces within the District
- Advocacy for improved public safety, transit access, and overall quality of life.
We need your help to let the City know that you support the plan to improve and maintain the Park and its surroundings for generations to come.
Sign our petition and get involved at: www.HRPNID.org
For further questions about the proposed Hudson River Park Neighborhood Improvement District contact us at email@example.com.