Generally 11am-7pm weekdays and 11am-8pm on weekends, weather permitting.
Check NY Carousel
At Pier 61, Chelsea Piers
Accessible to people with disabilities
Subway & Bus Lines
C,E at 23rd St.
Take a ride on Hudson River Park’s custom-designed Hudson River Animals carousel in Chelsea. Your child (or your inner child) will thank you.
This signature 36 ft carousel has been created using 33 hand-carved wood figures of Hudson River Valley animals and one chariot, allowing for up to 36 passengers, per ride. The carousel building has been designed with a green roof and opens out to a large sprawling lawn and tree-lined pathways.
Rules & Regulations:
- All riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride alone. Riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Supervising adults of children under 42 inches must stand next to the animal and hold on to the child
- All riders must have a ticket. Supervising adult accompanying child under 42 inches may ride for free
- Only one (1) rider per animal
- No riding backwards, side saddle or standing on an animal
- Hold on to pole with both hands
- No changing seats or walking on the carousel during operation
- No food, drinks, gum, balloons or smoking on carousel
- No bare feet or wet clothing
- Do not hang personal belongings on the animals
- Remain seated until the carousel comes to a full stop - do not jump on or off the moving carousel
- Do not run, push, shove or throw anything from or towards the carousel
- Maximum weight for riding animals is 250 lbs.
- Every passenger must exit the carousel after each ride
FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY STAFF