Closed in Winter
Visit PIER 62 CAROUSEL
$2 per ride
At Pier 61, Chelsea Piers
Accessible to people with disabilities
Subway & Bus Lines
C,E at 23rd St.
The Carousel is out of operation from damage incurred during Hurricane Sandy.
The Trust is working on both fixing the carousel and redesigning the mechanics to prevent future flood damage.
Please check back for updates!
Take a ride on Hudson River Park’s custom-designed Hudson River Animals carousel in Chelsea. Your child (or your inner child) will thank you.
This signature 36 ft carousel has been created using 33 hand-carved wood figures of Hudson River Valley animals and one chariot, allowing for up to 36 passengers, per ride. The carousel building has been designed with a green roof and opens out to a large sprawling lawn and tree-lined pathways.
$2 per ride
(One supervising adult accompanying a child under 42 inches may ride for free)
Rules & Regulations:
- All riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride alone. Riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Supervising adults of children under 42 inches must stand next to the animal and hold on to the child
- All riders must have a ticket. Supervising adult accompanying child under 42 inches may ride for free
- Only one (1) rider per animal
- No riding backwards, side saddle or standing on an animal
- Hold on to pole with both hands
- No changing seats or walking on the carousel during operation
- No food, drinks, gum, balloons or smoking on carousel
- No bare feet or wet clothing
- Do not hang personal belongings on the animals
- Remain seated until the carousel comes to a full stop - do not jump on or off the moving carousel
- Do not run, push, shove or throw anything from or towards the carousel
- Maximum weight for riding animals is 250 lbs.
- Every passenger must exit the carousel after each ride
FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY STAFF