Cross at W Houston StIn Greenwich Village
Open all year
Subway & Bus Lines
1 at Houston St.
1 at Canal St.
Hudson River Park’s three, newly-resurfaced tennis courts operate on a first come, first served basis. No permit required! Anyone can play on Hudson River Park's two doubles tennis courts and one singles tennis court. Surfaces are "hardcourt".
How to use the courts
The courts operate on a first come, first served basis. If people are waiting to use the courts, play time is limited to one hour. No permits are required for regular play. Permits for schools are available from 3-5:30pm on weekdays in the spring and fall seasons.
Rules & Regulations
1. Tennis Courts operate on a user honor system, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis with a limit of ONE HOUR of court time play when others are waiting.
2. When all courts are in use, a line will form at the benches facing the courts at the sign that says “Line Forms Here”
3. Those waiting for court time should not leave the line area. You will lose your place in line if you are not present when a court becomes free.
4. Court time play shall not exceed a period of ONE HOUR, except when there is no one waiting in line at the end of your one hour of play.
5. When school is in session, courts shall be reserved for permit-holding schools on weekdays from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm. The courts must be vacated immediately when a permit-holding school arrives. If no school is permitted, normal court rules will apply.
6. A maximum of six balls may be used on each court.
7. No professional lessons or hoppers are permitted.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in the user(s) being asked to leave by the Hudson River Park Enforcement Police. Failure to comply with this request may result in issuance of a summons.